- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Common Workplace Injuries
- Temporary Total Disability
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ’s
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Airline Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Union Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Construction Employees
- Worker’s Compensation For Injured Factory Employees
- Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers And Certain Other Public Employees
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) And Workers Compensation
- Ford Motor Company And Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- American Medical Association Impairment Ratings: Only One Factor When Determining The Value Of Your Case
- What Is The Workers’ Compensation Act?
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident FAQ’s
- Broken Bone Or Fracture Injuries
- Neck And Back Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
- Femoral Neck
- Thoracic Lumbar
- Proximal Humerus
- Tibial Plateau
- Distal Radius
- Pulvic Ramus
- Back Strain (Lumbar Strain)
- Whiplash Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Herniated Disk (Slipped, Ruptured Disks)
- Type Of Car Collisions
- Auto Accident Monetary Damages
- Third Party Cases
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Products Liability Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Maritime Accidents (Jones Act) Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Retaliatory Discharge Lawyer
- Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- Statutes Of Limitations Lawyer
- Fair Labor Standards Act Lawyer
- Family Medical Leave Act Lawyer
- Social Security Disability Lawyer
- Americans With Disabilities Act Lawyer
Third-Party Claims Against Negligent Property Owners
Chicago Accident Attorneys Representing Employees Injured in Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere and at any time – even when the victim is an employee who is on the job. If an employee is injured while on the job, he or she is generally entitled to workers’ compensation benefits regardless of who was at fault for the accident or injury.
In some situations, an injured employee may also be able to pursue additional legal claims against third parties if the accident or injury was caused as a result of the third party’s negligence. For instance, if an employee is injured in a slip and fall accident while delivering pizzas as a result of the property owner’s negligence, he or she may also be entitled to pursue a premises liability claim against the negligent property owner. Similarly, if a janitor is injured in a slip and fall accident while cleaning an office building due to the negligence of the property owner or manager, the injured janitor may be entitled to workers’ compensation through his or her employer, as well as compensation from the building owner or manager through a premises liability lawsuit.
The Chicago work-related accident law firm of Donald W. Fohrman & Associates, Ltd. focuses on helping the victims of work-related accidents and injuries obtain full and fair compensation for their injuries, including maximum workers’ compensation benefits along with any compensation available through third-party causes of action.
Call: (800) 437-2571
What Is Premises Liability?
Negligent property owners and operations may be liable for slip and fall injuries under the theory of premises liability. Illinois premises liability laws provide that property owners and business establishments have a duty to provide a safe environment for individuals on their premises. If someone is injured on the property because the owner or operator failed to provide a safe environment, the victim may be able to pursue a premises liability claim against the property owner or operator. The duty to provide a safe environment extends to lawful visitors, such as employees who enter the property or building to conduct their job.
How Can Donald W. Fohrman & Associates Help?
Premises liability is a complex area of law, with several nuances and legal defenses that might be asserted by defendant property owners and operators. For these reasons, it is crucial to consult with an experienced accident and injury lawyer. The Chicago slip and fall attorneys at Donald W. Fohrman & Associates have extensive experience representing the victims of a wide variety of accidents, including slip and fall accidents and workplace accidents. Accordingly, we can represent you in any and all legal claims – including worker’s compensation claims and premises liability claims – that might arise as a result of the slip and fall accident.
We provide our clients with round-the-clock legal assistance, and we do not collect any fees unless you get paid. Contact our office today at (800) 437-2571 to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable Chicago work-related accident attorneys if you have been in a slip and fall accident while on the job.