- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Common Workplace Injuries
- Temporary Total Disability
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ’s
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Airline Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Union Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Construction Employees
- Worker’s Compensation For Injured Factory Employees
- Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers And Certain Other Public Employees
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) And Workers Compensation
- Ford Motor Company And Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- American Medical Association Impairment Ratings: Only One Factor When Determining The Value Of Your Case
- What Is The Workers’ Compensation Act?
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident FAQ’s
- Broken Bone Or Fracture Injuries
- Neck And Back Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
- Femoral Neck
- Thoracic Lumbar
- Proximal Humerus
- Tibial Plateau
- Distal Radius
- Pulvic Ramus
- Back Strain (Lumbar Strain)
- Whiplash Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Herniated Disk (Slipped, Ruptured Disks)
- Type Of Car Collisions
- Auto Accident Monetary Damages
- Third Party Cases
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Products Liability Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Maritime Accidents (Jones Act) Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Retaliatory Discharge Lawyer
- Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- Statutes Of Limitations Lawyer
- Fair Labor Standards Act Lawyer
- Family Medical Leave Act Lawyer
- Social Security Disability Lawyer
- Americans With Disabilities Act Lawyer
Chicago Slip & Fall Attorneys
Property owners and businesses in Illinois are required to ensure that their properties are relatively safe for their invited guests. When victims slip and fall because of dangerous property conditions, our premises liability attorneys can help them recover compensation from the responsible parties.
Call: (800) 437-2571
Let Our Premises Liability Lawyers Help You Get Back on Your Feet
At Donald W. Fohrman & Associates, our injury lawyers understand how dangerous property conditions can cause life-changing injuries, permanent disabilities, and even death. While some victims walk away from slip & fall accidents generally unscathed, others must endure months or even years of expensive surgeries, ongoing medical treatment, and physical therapy. In many cases, the pain that is caused by these types of accidents is excruciating and never subsides. Victims may find themselves unable to work and support their families, unable to enjoy the same activities they enjoyed prior to the accident, or even require vehicle and home modifications to enable them to live fairly normal lives.
Fortunately, our premises liability attorneys can introduce you to the legal remedies that are available to help you get back on your feet after a slip & fall accident.
Common Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip & fall accidents can happen in a variety of settings and for a wide range of reasons. Some of the most common causes of slips and falls that cause injuries involve:
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
Although slip and fall accidents can happen almost anywhere, there are some places where these incidents occur more frequently.
The Anatomy of a Slip & Fall Accident Case
If you were injured in a slip, trip, or fall and you decide to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses, it is important to know what to expect as your case proceeds. When you hire our premises liability attorneys to handle your case, we will make sure you are kept informed every step of the way. Our lawyers will guide you as your case progresses through:
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip & Fall Accidents in Chicago
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average cost of a slip & fall accident is over $30,000.
In Illinois, you have just 2 years from the date your accident occurred to file a slip & fall injury lawsuit. If you wait longer than 2 years to take legal action, you may not be able to recover damages.
For a slip & fall injury case to be successful, your accident lawyer must prove that: