- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- Common Workplace Injuries
- Temporary Total Disability
- Workers’ Compensation FAQ’s
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Airline Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Union Employees
- Workers’ Compensation For Injured Construction Employees
- Worker’s Compensation For Injured Factory Employees
- Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers And Certain Other Public Employees
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) And Workers Compensation
- Ford Motor Company And Illinois Workers’ Compensation
- American Medical Association Impairment Ratings: Only One Factor When Determining The Value Of Your Case
- What Is The Workers’ Compensation Act?
- Car Accident Lawyer
- Car Accident FAQ’s
- Broken Bone Or Fracture Injuries
- Neck And Back Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
- Femoral Neck
- Thoracic Lumbar
- Proximal Humerus
- Tibial Plateau
- Distal Radius
- Pulvic Ramus
- Back Strain (Lumbar Strain)
- Whiplash Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Herniated Disk (Slipped, Ruptured Disks)
- Type Of Car Collisions
- Auto Accident Monetary Damages
- Third Party Cases
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Products Liability Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Lawyer
- Dram Shop Lawyer
- Maritime Accidents (Jones Act) Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Retaliatory Discharge Lawyer
- Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- Statutes Of Limitations Lawyer
- Fair Labor Standards Act Lawyer
- Family Medical Leave Act Lawyer
- Social Security Disability Lawyer
- Americans With Disabilities Act Lawyer
Defective Street Collisions
There are situations where driver error is not the only cause of an accident. A defective highway or street may cause or contribute to motor vehicle accidents. Sometimes the governmental entity is held liable for a single car accident that occurs on defectively designed streets and roadways.
Poor maintenance and inadequate signage may also be a contributing factor to an accident. For example, the shoulders of roadways must not present an unreasonable risk of harm to traveling motorists. Liability may arise where the shoulders of the roadway have not been properly maintained. When there is ongoing construction there is a duty to warn motorists of any danger presented by such construction projects.
Inoperable traffic lights, improper signals and traffic control devices that are not visible may serve as a basis for liability for the responsible entity.
The roadway itself has to be designed to certain specifications and standards. The standards are updated and changed from year to year. Without an expert experienced in highway defect cases, it is almost impossible to know what standard applies.
To successfully recover against a public entity for a street or highway defect you must be able to prove that:
There is no legal requirement that the roadways be in perfect condition and not every imperfection or irregularity will give rise to a highway defect claim. Each case must be evaluated on its own merit. That is why retaining an experienced lawyer is extremely important.
Some states have enacted legislation to place a limit on the amount an injured party can recover against a political subdivision or governmental entity.
If you or someone your care for has been injured in an auto accident , call 800-437-2571 anytime for a free no obligation confidential consultation with one of our lawyers experienced in handling auto accident claims or use our convenience Free Case Evaluation submission form.
Should you decide to retain our services, we will work on a 100% contingent fee basis. Simply stated, we get paid for our services only if we recover monies on your behalf from the insurance company.