Welcome to Donald W. Fohrman & Associates, Ltd., Legal Update Page where we post selected recent and significant legal developments affecting the rights and recoveries of accident victims and the disabled including decisions rendered by state and federal courts, state Workers’ Compensation boards and the Social Security Administration.
We also post articles written by leading legal experts discussing topics of interest to the injured and disabled.
We welcome attorneys contacting our offices to discuss the posting of their published legal articles on this page.
- Sexual Harassment: Still a common problem in the workplace
- More employees filing wage-and-hour lawsuits
- Illinois lawmakers and business groups pushing to make more changes to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act
- Fed Ex to Pay in Employment Discrimination Class Action
- Workers Assail Night Lock-Ins By Wal-Mart
- In House Audit Says Wal-Mart Violated Labor Laws
- Court Takes Case on Disabilities Act, Drug Rehab Companies’ “no-rehire policies” could be affected
- Osha Targets Least Safe Workplaces
- Cell Phone Suits Targeting Firms
- Suits Drive Home Risks of Around-The-Clock Technology
- Companies Face More Overtime Lawsuits
- Illinois Industrial Commission Industry Watchdog Packs Too Little Bite. Osha Backs Down
- Ergonomics vs Economics
- Supreme Court Upholds Union Workers Right to Sue Employer for Discrimination
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Sexual Harassment Victims
- Consultative Doctor Could Be Liable for Malpractice for Failure to Diagnose a Condition He Should have Discovered
- Employer Ordered To Pay $90,000 in Penalties And Attorney’s Fees For Denying Workers’ Compensation Benefits To Donald W. Fohrman & Associates Client
- Majority Affirmed Benefit Award for RSI’s Even Though Date of Accident was Nine Months After Claimant Last Worked for Defendant
- Computer Manufacturer, Digital Equipment, Ordered to Pay $6 Million to Carpal Tunnel Victims
- Chemical Manufacturer Stepan Chemical is Sued in Connection with Harmful, Toxic Chemical Exposure at Elwood Plant
- Landmark Illinois Workers’ Compensation Ruling: Benefits awarded for mental Disability due to Sexual Harrassment
- Senate GOP moving to nullify Clinton rules on worker injuries.
- EEOC Sues railroad to end genetic testing in work injury cases.
- OSHA sets standards to limit repetitive stress injuries in the workplace.
- OSHA TARGETS REPETITION INJURIES: Pro-business groups attack proposed ergonomic standards